A Self-Storage for cars and motorcycles are facilities that allows a secure, safe and convenient ways to store vehicles like cars and motorcycles usually for a short periods of time. The tenants can be a businesses or individuals. There have been great improvements in the facilities provided by organizations that offer storage for cars and motorcycles over the past decade. This has resulted in a huge variety of amnesties and protections that are available at storage units available for vehicles like cars and motorcycles.
The reasons for Self-Storing a vehicle can be the following
- You may have a classic or luxury car or a motorcycle that you may need to store.
- You may have a vehicle that you may want to ensure and use at a particular time in a year like summer.
- You have rented a vehicle and you are at a new place where you do not need a vehicle for a short period of time.
- Your vehicle does not fit in your yard, drive way or garage.
- You may need to store the trailer boat that may be too large for space at home.
- You may be fond of recreational vehicles and may need to keep them at a safe place.
Tips for Vehicle maintenance before Storage
- Wash your vehicle in order to limit paint damage.
- Repair any paint that might be wearing off and give a coat of wax to your vehicle.
- Grease different parts of the vehicle such as steering and suspension to keep moisture and dirt away.
- Change vehicle oil and oil filter and keep the engine running for a long period of time ensuring that that the oil lubricates all the parts of the vehicle body.
- Check for the proper inflation in the tires. The air inflation in the tire mush not be more or less than a certain level depending on your vehicle.
- If the vehicle has a cargo trailer, make sure all of it is secured with specialized locks.
- Completely cover your vehicle with a cover fabric for protection against environment elements like dirt and moisture.
- If possible, keep all the accessory and other accompanying items inside vehicle.