Components of Information Systems
- Telecommunication networks
- Hardware is the tangible component of the information systems. Hardware is the set of devices that allow the processing of information.
- Software is the intangible component of the information system. The software itself is one of the most important types of information.
- Databases represents is usually a huge amount of information that is highly organized. The information is managed by software that is called a DBMS (Database management systems). The DBMS allows users and programmers to manage, manipulate and take advantage of stored information in different ways.
- Telecommunication Networks allows the virtual joining, interaction and communication of different individuals and machines to process, share and exchange or communicate over long and short distances.
- The procedure is the set of instructions that allow the components such as hardware, software, databases and telecommunication networks in a way that those component can work with each other forming a system.
- People are the individuals who can work with information systems, interface with it and utilize the output